Tuesday, January 11, 2011

About Time

You know, I've been a student of developing software for about 4 years now and I've been meaning to start one of these up.  I constantly find myself in situations that weren't taught in the books.  So, I've finally created a blog to post these various topics relating to development and maybe beyond, its about time!

My primary language of choice depends on the type of product I want:
  • For developing back-end (or just quick and dirty) programs, I usually use Java
  • For developing UI applications, I usually use C#
  • For developing web applications, I usually use PHP
  • For developing database applications, I use MySQL
Since my college days have ended, I got a job at an online retail company utilizing Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 and the X++ language.  I'd like to think the amount of information I have learned from this ERP software is quite more than your average AX developer.  The company I work for is constantly dealing with performance concerns and version control issues.  I've found when you are encountered with issues like that, you find yourself researching and trying to figure out the underlying structure of the monster you are trying to work with. But, that's just the technical end of things.  Since I've started this job, I've ran into various situations outside of just writing code that may prove to be insightful for those just starting out in the job world.

No comments:

Post a Comment